This is my fall favorite soup, when the weather starts cooling down. It’s the perfect combination of flavors with the right amount of ingredients. Easy and healthy, I always enjoy making it with or without chicken.
- 3-4 pieces of chicken on the bone
- 5 medium size potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 medium size onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup of fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tsp of curcuma
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup of matzo meal
Fill up a large pot with water. Add salt, pepper and curcuma and mix. When the water starts boiling, add the pieces of chicken and cover for about 45min. When ready, remove the chicken and set aside.
In a large pot, combine all the vegetable with salt and pepper. Fill up with water and place on the stove. Pull the meat from the chicken and shred into small pieces. Add it to the pot as well as all the herbs.
While the soup is on the stove, prepare the matzo ball. In a small bowl, mix the oil and the eggs. Add the matzo mill and mix very well. Refrigerate for 20min. Once it’s chilled, form small round balls and add to the pot. Cook the soup for an other 20min.